Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Grateful today

Today I am grateful for:

1. Getting up before the sun and the cool of a morning.
2. Being able to smile at people when I run because most of the time I'm out and about we are wearing masks.
3. A hot breakfast.
4. When my kids are excited to see me, even when I feel like I've been an awful mom all day.
5. Habits that I've formed that I don't even have to think about doing anymore.
6. Hannah's little voice and the way she forms her sentences.
7. Looking forward to things. I've been planning this last minute trip to St. George for a few weeks and it has had me so excited and I've loved researching new places to go eat, hike and see. I've been to St. George a million times but I do this whenever we go anywhere and I love having things to look forward to.
8. Warm summer nights spent in our backyard.
9. Moments where I'm recalling IN the moment. Where I'm sitting there and I see the beauty of the situation I'm in right there and I know it and recognize it. 
10. Clothes to wear. I have three baskets of laundry in my bedroom that I'm dreading to fold but I have to remind myself how blessed we are to have clothes to wear and then I'm hoping the gratitude will outweigh my dread to fold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment